Resolving Tax Problems Criminal Defense
DWI, DUI, OWI
White Collar Crimes
Divorce Laws by State
Child / Spousal Support Resources
Resolving Tax Problems in Wisconsin
Attorney who works with the IRS and Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Does your business owe money for underpayment or non-payment on 941 employment taxes? Do you owe more than $5,000 to the IRS or the Wisconsin Department of Revenue? Do you have a past due tax bill on your 1040?
Has a divorce or business failure caused you to file bankruptcy and left you with an IRS bill you can't afford to pay?
I'm Green Bay Attorney Alf Langan. I help people find resolution to pressing tax problems with the IRS and the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. Contact my law office for a free initial consultation to learn more about ways I may be able to help you with your tax problem.
The Value of Working with a Lawyer to Resolve Your Tax Problem
The most immediate value of working with a lawyer to resolve your IRS or Wisconsin state taxproblem is that you will no longer need to deal with the taxing authority yourself.
Once you given me the authority to negotiate on your behalf, the IRS or state of Wisconsin must stop sending you letters, calling you, or threatening to seize your property or garnish your wages. Most clients immediately feel less stress and better control of their situation.
- I handle all negotiations with the IRS or the state-you will typically not need to attend meetings.
- I will help you gather the necessary information requested by the taxing authority.
- I will analyze your tax and financial situation and develop a plan for resolution.
- I will work with the IRS or the state for one of several tax remedies, such as
- Offer in compromise-offering to pay a portion of your tax bill
- An installment agreement allowing you more time to pay-without penalty
- Interest and penalty abatement-reducing or removing the interest and penalties the IRS or the state has assessed on top of your original bill
- Non-collectible status-a temporary period during which you don't have to pay back-taxes can sometimes be negotiated for persons in bankruptcy
You CAN take steps today to resolve stressful tax problems. Contact my Green Bay law office for a free initial consultation.
Wisconsin Attorney Alf Langan represents clients throughout in all of Wisconsin, through the Fox River Valley and Madison, Milwaukee, Appleton, Shawano, Oconto, Marinette, Kewaunee, Sheboygan, Wausau, Stevens Point, Milwaukee, Neenah, Oshkosh and Sturgeon Bay. I also represent clients from other states who have a divorce or child custody order from a Wisconsin family court. I'm licensed to practice in both Wisconsin and Illinois.
Brown County • Outagamie County • Door County • Kewaunee County • Marinette County •
Shawano County • Oconto County • Sheboygan County